Search

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Chuck Liddell

I simply do not know where to start this one.  Chuck is the reason i started watching MMA to begin with, and he may also be the reason I stop.  If that man is allowed to fight one more time I will personally start a UFC boycott.  Seriously people, I'm all about going out on your own terms.....Brett Favre......but this is just absurd.  That Rich Franklin knockout wasn't even highlight reel material.  He literally pushed him in the face and he was out cold.  Enough is enough, we are learning more and more every day about brain injuries and long term effects of concussions and none of the information is good.  Football players, boxers, MMA fighters all are at risk.  That's why we have commissions and doctors to step in and say no.  That should have happened here, and Dana White is partially to blame.  I wont hassle him for making a buck, we all gotta get paid, but there are plenty of fighters out there to promote and give a shot.  Please Chuck, bow out gracefully.  And if Strikeforce tries to grab him and pay him a boatload I hope his family or someone close to him will talk him out of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment