Search

Friday, June 18, 2010

Fergie loves Kerry Wood....I'm sure of it....

We had an autograph signing with Fergie Jenkins, the greatest pitcher in Cubs history.  The TV in the store only had a DVD player hooked up to it, so we were showing Kerry Wood's 20 strikeout game.  It was from
Chicago Cubs Legends - Great Games Collector's Edition.  A great DVD for any Cubs fan, it also includes Greg Maddux's 300th win, and the game Sammy Sosa hit numbers 61 & 62.  About 20 or so minutes into it there is a lull between people coming up to him, and I notice him laughing at the television.  Naturally, I ask him what he was laughing at, and he says Houston (the team Wood demolished that day).  He then starts telling me how because it had started to rain in the 5th that they just gave up, and were swinging at "garbage".  I've watched that game at least 50 times, and trust me they were trying.  The whole time he was talking about it he had this look in his eye, pure jealousy.  Fergie is a hall of famer, and one of the best, but even he knows he never had the stuff to do that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment